Skip to content
Tips for beginners
What you need to know to make your first steps into the profession.
* Potential employers and colleagues in your area need to know:
* That you have completed your training and you are available on the market;
* Your precise language combination;
* How to contact you.
You cannot expect work to be handed to you on a silver platter, so it is up to you to take the initiative:
* Make yourself known to the profession
* Develop sound professional practice
* Adhere to strict principles like all professional interpreters
* Understand your business
* Manage your career
* Know when to say yes and when to say no to job offers
* Learn how to avoid unpleasant surprises
* Realise that you are not alone Legal Court Interpreting is here to help